High-quality residential real estate in Pomorie. The new building in the Old Town
Price: 30 413 €
Ref. №: 1441
Residential building with shops was built in the town of Pomorie, in close proximity to the sea and the administrative center of the city. The project involves building a porch ozdnim total area of 250.21 m2 4. The house is built on a plot of 753 sq m.
Apartment size - from 39.34 to 144.84 sq m.
The town of Pomorie (population: 14 560) is situated on a peninsula projecting 5 km into the sea. The peninsula is 18 km north-east of Bourgas, and 408 km east of Sofia. Before entering the town one passes through a long and narrow causeway between the sea and the firth. The firth of Pomorie borders the peninsula and this gives the impression of jutting out into it.
There used to be a Thracian settlement here colonised by the Greeks in later times. A colony of the metropolis of Me¬ssem¬bria was founded here in 5th century BC. The town was called Anhialo being at the same time a colony of Apolonia as well (today’s Sozopol). The town gradually worsened its relations with Messembria because the population of the latter was Doric in origin and the town was inhabited by the Ionic. The main occupation was fishing, mining and trading of sea salt. The shallow firth presented ideal conditions for that - it was where the first settlers discovered layers of salt in the sand.
The ancient town was situated further inward onto the land in the area called Paleokastro where one can see its ruins scattered all over. During the Roman domination Ulpia was added to the name of the town and it surpassed even Apolonia in its glory for a long time. Anhialo regained its name in the Middle Ages. It suffered barbarian invasions and in 8th century it was re-built by the Byzantine empress Irina. The town was intermittently under Bulgarian and then Byzantine domination, and vice versa, but more often in the Bulgarian territory. In 1366 it was conquered and resold to Byzanti¬um by Amadeus of Savoy and his knights. It fell under Ottoman rule together with Nessebur in 1453.
After the Liberation the town regained its power and was of utmost importance in the Bourgas Bay. In 1906 the town burst in fire and nearly burnt down. It is known as a salt-mining centre; fruits and vegetables grow here; wine and tin productions are traditional for the place. Today the main occupation of its inhabitants is tourism; there is a mud-cure establishment. The mud-cure lake was discovered in 3rd–4th centuries BC and was later called the Holy Lake by Anna Komnina (a Byzantine female writer). The first mud-cure establishment was built here in 1902 after the curing properties of mud unique for Europe had been proved. The mud is good for bone and muscular disorders, radiculitis, rheumatism, sciatica, lumbago, discal hernia, etc.
In Pomorie you can visit: the old churches – the Transfiguration Church (dating back to 18th–19th centuries has a valuable iconostasis and icons) and the Assumption Church (19th century); a stone bas-relief of St. Georgi is preserved in the St. Georgi the Victorious Monastery of Pomorie; a museum collection is arranged in the house of Peyo Yavorov, the reknown Bulgarian poet and there is a monument to his honour near the Yavorov Rocks. A domed tomb-mausoleum (3rd-4th century) was found in the area of Kouhata Mogila near the Europa Camping. It is interesting for the construction resembling a funnel and is open to visitors.
Cheap apartments in a residential building for sale in the resort Ravda
33 200 €
Apartments for sale in a new beachfront complex in the resort Sinemorets
30 000 €
Housing by the sea in Bulgaria. Apartments in a new house with Act 16 in Ravda
27 418 €
Luxury beachfront apartments for sale in a VIP complex in the resort Sunny Beach
29 964 €
Apartments for sale in a new residential building close to the beach in the town of Pomorie
29 712 €
Ref. №: 1441
Map of the area